February 27, 2014

Dice

After a depressing day, I wanted to make something cool. I had a project that was in my mind for about a year. I've actually tried this before, but I failed and incinerated some diodes. This is somewhat a comeback.   I heavily used the schematic from the Electronics Club. This place has some awesome and simple projects waiting for electronic hobbyists. I thought there should be some more visuals to this project, so I added a 555 monostable circuit to keep scrolling through these numbers until the monostable circuit stops. I also added some potentiometers instead of the resistors for the 'scrolling' speed control. Tip: facial tissue is a good light diffuser. So to get things straight: 555 Monostable ---> 555 Astable ---> 4017 Counter [that resets after 6 counts]   There aren't much changes to the original schematic, but if you can't figure it out yourself, give me an email or comment (I'm lonely).

You can watch the video here (It's a YouTube video that is linked).

No comments:

Post a Comment