November 22, 2014

Arduino Serial to 7-segment Number Displayer

Long title. I made a thing. I announced it last week. I show it to you today.

No more weird English.

Yes more videos.


What you do is you send a two digit number through the Arduino Serial monitor. The Arduino receives the data (as I have shown in this previous video: http://electronicmango.blogspot.kr/2014/11/arduino-serial-echo.html). This post I just linked to was just a test.
Anyway, after the Arduino receives the number, it matches each digit's number to some hard-coded 7-segment number-pin data. Each one digit number has it's own corresponding set of HIGHs and LOWs for the output pins.
The Arduino output pins control two shift registers (for each digit) so that the Arduino doesn't have to work much. These shift registers will just output the predefined HIGHs and LOWs for each number mentioned above.

Now that I think of it, this is more like an experiment. But it's still cool because I did compact wiring.

I also don't like the time consuming YouTube upload system. More on that in the video's description.

한국어로 보기: http://blog.naver.com/mangodaniel/220188846851

2 comments: